The information needs of CIHI’s stakeholders, including policy-makers and health system managers, are addressed in a consolidated analytical plan (PDF) that highlights future CIHI analytical products such as reports and indicators. The plan focuses on priority areas of health reflected in CIHI’s strategic plan, which sets its direction based on our stakeholders’ and partners’ priorities. The analytical plan is reviewed and updated annually based on stakeholder feedback and aims to
- Answer the most critical questions of health system managers, policy-makers, patients, clinicians and other health stakeholders
- Enlighten policy options
- Inform the public
- Be transparent for our partners in order to identify opportunities for collaboration and avoid duplication
Analytical plan partners
Because we want to deliver the best possible service to Canadians, we carry out environmental scans, gather input from within CIHI, and collaborate and consult with a broad range of partners and stakeholders to better define our projects. These stakeholders include
- The Strategic Analytical Advisory Committee, made up of 13 national and international experts
- Federal, provincial and territorial representatives
- National and international organizations
Key areas of focus
Our efforts to transform and accelerate improvements in health and health care are guided by the following priority themes and populations that our stakeholders told us were important. A new theme on COVID-19 is included, which provides information on recent and planned releases in support of pandemic-related work.
- Patient experience
- Quality and safety
- Value for money
- Seniors and aging
- Mental health and addictions
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis
- Children and youth
In addition, our analytical plan continues to highlight and expand our international work.
For more information, send an email to email@example.com.