Already have a profile? Log in now to use Portal!
Looking for CIHI Portal support? To become a Portal user, contact us for a personalized needs assessment.
If you are already a registered Portal user, you have several options.
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions, or ask a question about creating or modifying reports in Portal with eQuery.
- Join a User Community session. These analytically focused sessions are open to all Portal users and are held on the last Wednesday of every second month of the fiscal year, starting in May. Topics and questions of interest to users are addressed during these web conferences.
- Schedule one-on-one time with a Portal Services senior analyst and use CIHI Portal to the fullest.
View our latest release documents
- Portal Release 12.4: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2017–2018, closure of 2016–2017 data year grouped/regrouped with the 2016 and 2017 methodologies, and exclusion of medical assistance in dying (MAID) cases.
- Portal Release 12.3: New DAD data for 2017–2018, updated DAD and NACRS data for 2016–2017 (including updated 2016–2017 open-year data regrouped to the 2017 methodologies), updated NACRS data for 2017–2018 and updated CAPHC-CPDSN attributes
- Portal Release 12.2: Release of NRS 2016–2017 Q4 data
- Portal Release 12.1: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2016–2017, new NACRS data for 2017–2018, DAD and NACRS regrouped 2012–2013 to 2015–2016 historical data, DAD and NACRS regrouped 2016–2017 open-year data, DAD and NACRS annual changes, and new DAD and NACRS Statistical Area Classification (SAC Type) attributes.
- Portal Release 12.0: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2016–2017
- Portal Release 11.17: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2016–2017
- Portal Release 11.16: Release of NRS 2016–2017 Q3 data
- Portal Release 11.15: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2016–2017; Update to the DAD Patient Dimension Validation reports, DAD Initial Patient Population Validation report and NACRS Initial Patient Population Validation report
- Portal Release 11.14: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2016–2017; fix for DAD population prompted report templates; and change to DAD Reproductive Care metric
- Portal Release 11.13: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2016–2017; new DAD prompted metrics; new NACRS filters & templates; retired NACRS objects; change to History List setting; and enhancement to dashboard functionality
Browse our Archived Portal Historical Release Notes: Summary (in English, with releases 8.1 and beyond available in English and French) or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request historical release notes not available on this page.
Data release and downtime schedule
Data is released in Portal on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- For DAD and NACRS, data submitted by the 3rd business day of the month is released on the 15th business day of the same month.
- For the NRS, data submitted by the NRS submission deadline is included in the quarterly refresh.
- For the CMDB, data is released when it becomes available, usually annually.
|Project||Submission cut-off date||Release Date||Downtimes|
|DAD and NACRS||July 6, 2017||July 20, 2017||July 19–20, 2017|
|DAD AND NACRS||August 3, 2017||August 22, 2017||August 21–22, 2017|
|NRS||August 15, 2017||August 24, 2017||August 24, 2017|
|CMDB||Not applicable||To be determined (Q2 2017–2018)||To be determined (Q2 2017–2018)|
CIHI Portal metadata documents
Learn more about the data found in CIHI Portal with these metadata documents:
- Discharge Abstract Database (DAD) Metadata Dictionary
- National Ambulatory Care Reporting System (NACRS) Metadata Dictionary
- National Rehabilitation Reporting System (NRS) Metadata Dictionary
- Canadian MIS Database (CMDB) (XLSX)
Learn more about available data , including data years and grouping methodology.
Additional support documents
Visit CIHI’s Classification and Coding resource page to learn more about data classification codes and standards and how to apply them.