Already have a profile? Log in now to use Portal!
Looking for CIHI Portal support? To become a Portal user, contact us for a personalized needs assessment. If you would like to request access to Portal or change your existing Portal access, please consult the job aid Request/Change Access to CIHI Portal.
If you are already a registered Portal user, you have several options.
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions, or ask a question about creating or modifying reports in Portal with eQuery.
- Join a User Community session. These analytically focused sessions are open to all Portal users and are held on the last Wednesday of every second month of the fiscal year, starting in May. Topics and questions of interest to users are addressed during these web conferences.
- Schedule one-on-one time with a Portal Services senior analyst and use CIHI Portal to the fullest.
View our latest release documents
- Portal Release 13.5: Release of 2016–2017 CMDB data, update of 2012–2013 to 2015–2016 CMDB data and updates to metrics
- Portal Release 13.4: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2017–2018 and 2018–2019, and closure of 2017–2018 DAD and NACRS data year, grouped and regrouped with 2017 and 2018 methodologies
- Portal Release 13.3: New DAD data for 2018–2019, updated NACRS data for 2018–2019, updated DAD and NACRS data for 2017–2018
- Portal Release 13.2: Release of NRS 2017–2018 Q4 data.
- Portal Release 13.1: DAD and NACRS: New 2018–2019 data, updated 2017–2018 data, regrouped 2013–2014 to 2017–2018 data, new 2018 case-mix methodologies, inclusion of Ontario medical assistance in dying data, modifications to Gender and Discharge/Visit Disposition attributes, grouped 2018–2019 NACRS ED Level 2 data.
- Portal Release 12.18: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2017–2018 and exclusion of Ontario medical assistance in dying (MAID) cases
- Portal Release 12.17: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2017-2018, exclusion of Ontario medical assistance in dying (MAID) cases and updated region name
- Portal Release 12.16: Release of NRS 2017-2018 Q3 data
- Portal Release 12.15: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2017–2018, exclusion of Ontario medical assistance in dying (MAID) cases, population template fixes and CAPHC updates
- Portal Release 12.14: Release of 2013–2014, 2014–2015 and 2015–2016 CMDB data, update of 2011–2012 and 2012–2013 CMDB data, and updates to metrics
Browse our Archived Portal Historical Release Notes: Summary (in English, with releases 8.1 and beyond available in English and French) or contact us at email@example.com to request historical release notes not available on this page.
Data release and downtime schedule
Data is released in Portal on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- For DAD and NACRS, data submitted by the 3rd business day of the month is released on the 15th business day of the same month.
- For the NRS, data submitted by the NRS submission deadline is included in the quarterly refresh.
- For the CMDB, data is released when it becomes available, usually annually.
|Project||Submission Cut-Off Date||Release Date||Downtimes|
|DAD and NACRS||July 5, 2018||July 19, 2018||July 18–19, 2018|
|CMDB||Not applicable||August 8, 2018||August 7–8, 2018|
|DAD and NACRS||August 3, 2018||August 22, 2018||August 21–22, 2018|
|NRS||August 15, 2018||August 27, 2018||August 27, 2018|
|DAD and NACRS||September 6, 2018||September 20, 2018||September 19–20, 2018|
CIHI Portal metadata documents
Learn more about the data found in CIHI Portal with these metadata documents:
- Discharge Abstract Database (DAD) Metadata Dictionary
- National Ambulatory Care Reporting System (NACRS) Metadata Dictionary
- National Rehabilitation Reporting System (NRS) Metadata Dictionary
- Canadian MIS Database (CMDB) (XLSX)
Learn more about available data, including data years and grouping methodology.
Additional support documents
Visit CIHI’s Classification and Coding resource page to learn more about data classification codes and standards and how to apply them.