Already have a profile? Log in now to use Portal!
Looking for CIHI Portal support? To become a Portal user, contact us for a personalized needs assessment. If you would like to request access to Portal or change your existing Portal access, please consult the job aid Request/Change Access to CIHI Portal.
If you are already a registered Portal user, you have several options.
- Browse our Frequently Asked Questions, or ask a question about creating or modifying reports in Portal with eQuery.
- Join a User Community session. These analytically focused sessions are open to all Portal users and are held on the last Wednesday of every second month of the fiscal year, starting in May. Topics and questions of interest to users are addressed during these web conferences.
- Schedule one-on-one time with a Portal Services senior analyst and use CIHI Portal to the fullest.
View our latest release documents
- Portal Release 15.2: Release of NRS 2019–2020 Q4 data (PDF)
- Portal Release 15.1: DAD and NACRS: New 2020–2021 data, updated 2019–2020 data, regrouped 2015–2016 to 2019–2020 data, new 2020 case-mix methodologies and modifications to attributes (PDF)
- Portal Release 15.0: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2019-2020 (PDF)
- Portal Release 14.16: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2019-2020 (PDF)
- Portal Release 14.15: Release of NRS 2019–2020 Q3 data (PDF)
- Portal Release 14.14: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2019–2020 (PDF)
- Portal Release 14.13: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2019–2020 (PDF)
- Portal Release 14.12: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2019–2020 (PDF)
- Portal Release 14.11: Release of NRS 2019–2020 Q2 data (PDF)
- Portal Release 14.10: Updated DAD and NACRS data for 2019–2020 (PDF)
Browse our Archived Portal Historical Release Notes: Summary (PDF) (in English, with releases 8.1 and beyond available in English and French) or contact us at email@example.com to request historical release notes not available on this page.
Data release and downtime schedule
Data is released in Portal on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- For DAD and NACRS, data submitted by the third business day of the month is released on the 15th business day of the same month.
- For the NRS, data submitted by the NRS submission deadline is included in the quarterly refresh.
- For the CMDB, data is released when it becomes available, usually annually.
|Project||Submission Cut-Off Date||Release Date||Downtimes|
|DAD and NACRS||April 3, 2020||April 23, 2020||April 22 and 23, 2020|
|DAD and NACRS||May 5, 2020||May 21, 2020||May 20 and 21, 2020|
|NRS||May 15, 2020||May 28, 2020||May 28, 2020|
|DAD and NACRS||June 3, 2020||June 24, 2020||June 24 and 25, 2020|
CIHI Portal metadata documents
Learn more about the data found in CIHI Portal with these metadata documents:
- Discharge Abstract Database (DAD) Metadata Dictionary (PDF)
- National Ambulatory Care Reporting System (NACRS) Metadata Dictionary (PDF)
- National Rehabilitation Reporting System (NRS) Metadata Dictionary (PDF)
- Canadian MIS Database (CMDB)(XLSX)
Learn more about available data, including data years and grouping methodology.
Additional support documents
Visit CIHI’s Codes and Classifications page to learn more about data classification codes and standards and how to apply them.