Already have a profile? Log in now to use Portal!
CIHI Portal’s users are a community of professionals—all of whom are dedicated to the effective management of health care. CIHI Portal provides a variety of ways that you can collaborate with the broader user community or take part in focused communities of practice around specialized areas of health care.
Learn from and build on shared work and analysis with CIHI Portal.
Community of practice
The CIHI Portal team supports formal and informal communities of practice to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and best practices. Our communities connect with us regularly to discuss their needs. The Portal team welcomes opportunities to work with our communities of practice to
- Build customized objects and reports
- Offer additional training, free trials and demonstrations to members
- Facilitate access to experts from other teams in CIHI
Web-based user community meetings
Every month, the CIHI Portal team invites all users to participate in a community web conference. These meetings feature
- Presentations by the CIHI Portal team on updates to CIHI Portal and other key announcements
- Demonstrations by the CIHI Portal team on new enhancements or interesting tips and tricks
- Presentations from CIHI staff on related health information topics (for example, data quality)
- Presentations by CIHI Portal users on recent or ongoing analytical work and report-building
- Group discussion on new developments being considered for CIHI Portal
Portal web-based tutorials are offered to CIHI Portal users on an ad hoc basis to provide training on new analytic content that has been added to the business intelligence suite.