Cancellation and Refund Policies
Prices for Education Sessions
In-house Education Services
Minimum Technical Requirements for Online Courses, Web Conferences and Video Conferences
- Dual-core processor (or better)
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- 2 GB of RAM (or better)
- Resolution of 1024 × 768 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0+ (and above) required to access supporting course resources
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0+, Firefox, Safari 2.0 (and above) and Google Chrome
- Popup blockers must be disabled for this site (see your network administrator if you need assistance)
- Text size set to medium (View > Text Size > Medium)
Note: We cannot guarantee that the Learning Centre will function properly in any other browser.
CIHI uses the Adobe Connect web conferencing platform.
- Please review the most up-to-date computer system requirements for attending a CIHI web conference using Adobe Connect.
- Please ensure that your computer is correctly set up to participate in a CIHI web conference.
- Your computer must pass at least the first 3 steps of this testing process.
- For all web conferences, we do not support VoIP audio through a PC.
- All participants must dial the web conference telephone number and access code from a hard-wired telephone line. To minimize disruptions and reduce ambient background noise, participants are encouraged to mute their phone (or press *6).
To join a CIHI video conference session, external participants must connect over IP/h.323 and connect at 512bps.
Note: CIHI video conferences do not support ISDN.
If a registrant fails to attend a workshop that is offered under his or her jurisdictional Core Plan subscription, the registrant’s organization is charged a no-show administrative fee of $100.
Cancellation and registration fee refund policy
For any CIHI workshop, web conference or video conference event where a registration fee is paid:
- If cancellation notice is received in writing more than 48 hours in advance of the session date: full refund.
- If cancellation notice is received 48 hours or less in advance of the session date: registration fee minus 30% administrative charge will be refunded.
- Please note: substitutions will be accepted.
- There is no refund of registration fees for the following learning types:
- eLearning courses
- Recorded web conference courses
- Self-study PDF courses
- Job aids
Most Canadian health care facilities hold a Core Plan subscription with CIHI through the bilateral agreements that exist between CIHI and the ministries of health.
CIHI offers education products through the Core Plan at no additional charge to regional health authorities (or similar) and ministries of health. Please note that Core Plan does not apply to all products in the Learning Centre. In cases where Core Plan does not apply, a registration fee is charged to all registrants.
Some Core Plan products and services are subject to confidentiality and privacy restrictions. Contact CIHI’s Education department for more information.
Registration fees are as follows:
|Learning type||Core Plan||Non-Core Plan:
Price A †
Price B ‡
|Half-day workshop||No additional charge||$220||$440|
|1-day workshop||No additional charge||$305||$610|
|2-day workshop||No additional charge||$490||$980|
|Job aid||No additional charge||$75||$150|
|Exam||No additional charge||$190||$390|
|eLearning||No additional charge||$195||$390|
|Self-learning (PDF)||No additional charge||$150||$300|
|Web conference (live)||No additional charge||$195||$390|
|Web conference (recorded)||No additional charge||$150||$300|
|Video conference||No additional charge||$150||$300|
|Learning bundle||No additional charge||Total of registration fees for individual courses included in the bundle||Total of registration fees for individual courses included in the bundle|
† Price A applies to Canadian health care facilities, governments, not-for-profit health agencies, universities, health professionals and researchers from the public sector.
‡ Price B applies to private commercial operations (including but not limited to software vendors and consultants), foreign clients and others not qualifying for Price A.
Non–Core Plan registration fees (Price A and Price B) are subject to applicable taxes when the payment transaction is processed. Non–Core Plan registration fees are subject to change without notice.
CIHI’s in-house education services help individual facilities and their staff better use CIHI’s various tools for effective management. This unique service allows clients to focus on individual education needs and to create an agenda that will target specific areas where detailed education is required.
- A general overview of CIHI and current databases;
- Detailed information on various CIHI methodologies;
- Application of the MIS Standards and CIHI reports; and
- Topics selected by the client relating to CIHI tools.
In addition, all of CIHI’s regular workshops can be presented as in-house sessions.
Contact CIHI’s Education department for more information.
How to Enrol in a Course (PDF)