Featured products for spending and health workforce
This report contains information on the supply of physicians in Canada, as well as on service utilization and payments administered through the provincial and territorial medical care plans.
All featured products >>
Spending and health workforce information
Find out how much is spent on health care every year, what and whom that money is used for, and where it comes from.
Our analyses of Canadian health care spending include
- Overall spending at national, provincial and territorial levels;
- Details of health facility and regional health authority spending;
- Cost estimates of services provided to patients in hospitals.
Collecting and reporting health human resources (HHR) data helps decision-makers plan for, manage, monitor and evaluate HHR. CIHI collects data and reports on the supply, distribution, education and employment characteristics of HHR in Canada. This includes record-level data and analysis on
- Medical laboratory technologists
- Medical radiation technologists
- Occupational therapists
This also includes an overall aggregated dataset and analysis on 30 occupational categories of health human resources.