The flowcharts and SAS code outline the RUG-III grouping methodology applied to assessment data submitted to the CCRS. The RUG-III methodology, using the MDS 2.0© assessment data and Case Mix Index (CMI) values, assigns each continuing care assessments to one of 44 resource utilization groups.
Each of the 44 RUG-III groups belong to one of seven categories:
- Rehabilitation category (14 RUG-III groups)
- Extensive Care (3 RUG-III groups)
- Special Care (3 RUG-III groups)
- Clinically Complex Care (6 RUG-III groups)
- Impaired Cognition (4 RUG-III groups)
- Behaviour Problems (4 RUG-III groups)
- Reduced Physical Function (10 RUG-III groups)
This product contains SAS code and detailed flowcharts for the RUG-III logic (PDF format for the flowcharts, PDF and text formats for the code).
The RUG-III grouping methodology may be used to support facility, regional or provincial/territorial service planning and analysis of resource utilization in continuing care.
Before downloading read this document about requirements for downloading files.
Download the latest version of CCRS Resource Utilization Group III (RUG-III) Grouping Methodology - CMI Values containing the most recent CMI values.