Text version of infographic
- Most health spending continues to be for hospitals, drugs and physician services. Over the last couple of years, the pace of drug spending growth has increased, and drugs are forecast to have the fastest growth of these 3 categories in 2017.
- Here’s the forecast for each category in 2017:
- Hospital spending: 28.3% of total health expenditure; $1,871 per person; 1.9% annual growth per person
- Drug spending: 16.4% of total health expenditure; $1,086 per person; 4.2% annual growth per person
- Physician spending: 15.4% of total health spending; $1,014 per person; 3.4% annual growth per person