PROC19—Prevalent End-Stage Kidney Disease (ESKD) Patients
Canadian Organ Replacement Register (CORR)—Prevalent End-Stage Kidney Disease (ESKD) Patients by Health Region (Treatment Facility Postal Code)
• Canadian Organ Replacement Register, Prevalent ESKD Patients, 2003 to 2012, Canadian Institute for Health Information.
Year refers to calendar year.
The number of patients includes recipients of dialysis and patients with functioning transplants.
Kidney transplant procedures are not performed in each province.
Data Quality Notes
CORR is a longitudinal database, following patients over time. Reporting centres may submit changes/updates for any particular year on an ongoing basis. As a result, data is subject to change and may differ from previously published reports.
The number of patients registered in CORR may vary from the actual number of patients receiving dialysis/living with a functioning kidney graft at year-end for the following reasons:
• Incident (new) patients are under-reported by some centres.
• Deaths are under-reported by some centres.
• Patients who initiated renal replacement therapy prior to January 1, 1981, are likely not registered in CORR. This affects the number of patients with functioning kidney grafts most significantly.
Reported values for 2011 and 2012 may be slightly lower as a result of unreported incident ESKD cases and deaths from Quebec.
1. For more information about CORR, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. For help using interactive CIHI data, please send an email to email@example.com.
For more information, please contact
Canadian Institute for Health Information
4110 Yonge Street, Suite 300
Toronto, ON M2P 2B7
Phone: +1 416-481-2002
Fax: +1 416-481-2950
Last Updated: February 25, 2014