The Canadian Organ Replacement Register (CORR) is a pan-Canadian information system managed by CIHI. CORR collects data from hospital dialysis programs, transplant programs, organ procurement organizations (OPOs) and independent health facilities to track patients from their first treatment for end-stage organ failure (dialysis or transplantation) to their death.
Using these statistics, CORR produces in-depth reports and analyses on long-term trends on organ transplants, organ donation and end-stage kidney disease (ESKD) in Canada. This pan-Canadian comparative data can be used to enhance treatment, patient care and research.
CORR maintains a list of contact information for dialysis, transplant and organ procurement centres across Canada. This directory includes a list of dialysis centres that accept visitors in need of dialysis services.
The CORR annual report provides the latest information about organ transplants, organ donation and ESKD in Canada. Refer to the annual data quality documentation for information related to the data sources, quality and accuracy of CORR reporting.
We welcome your feedback and questions
- Contact us at email@example.com.
Have a data inquiry or research question? Make a custom data request.
Information on organ replacements
Reports and analyses
Information for data providers
CORR board of directors
CORR data in action
CORR frequently asked questions
- Treatment of End-Stage Organ Failure in Canada, Canadian Organ Replacement Register 2005 to 2014 (March 2016)
- e-Statistics on Organ Transplants, Waiting Lists and Donors (latest update 2014 data)
- Deceased Organ Donor Potential in Canada (Dec. 2014)
- End-Stage Renal Disease Among Aboriginal Peoples in Canada: Treatment and Outcomes (February 2013)
Metadata is information about data. It helps users understand and interpret data from a specific source by providing information related to CORR data sources, coverage, availability, classification, elements and quality.
Find out more about CORR data:
Paper submission to CORR was retired as of the 2015 data year. Forms are available for reference use only and can be found in Appendix B of the Instruction Manual.
Data can be submitted to CORR in 2 ways:
- Electronic file: For submitting dialysis data in files with batch records that conform to CIHI’s technical specifications
- Web-entry data form: For submitting individual records directly to CORR through a secure, online platform; also for updating data
Watch a demonstration of the web-entry data form and access training resources:
- CORR Web-Entry Data Form User Manual, 2015–2016
- CORR Web-Entry Data Form Demonstration and Training Video
- 2016 CORR — Chronic Renal Failure Patients on Renal Replacement Therapy, Instruction Manual (January 2016)
- 2016 CORR — Transplant Recipient and Organ Donor Information, Instruction Manual (January 2016)
The CORR board of directors is composed of representatives from the Canadian Society of Transplantation, the Canadian Society of Nephrology and other organizations, including Canadian Blood Services and the Kidney Foundation of Canada. Information about the CORR board is available in the supplementary information companion product of the 2016 annual release.
CIHI uses CORR data to produce
- Annual releases (including annual reports and Quick Stats) and special Analysis in Brief reports that include statistics and in-depth studies
- Centre-specific reports that summarize comparative provincial and pan-Canadian statistics related to patient and clinical characteristics, survival rates and graft function from participating dialysis and transplant centres
- Centre-specific clinical measures reports that provide comprehensive clinical statistics related to hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis follow-up. These reports are provided to centres submitting data to CORR.
CORR data is presented at annual scientific meetings of the Canadian Society of Nephrology (CSN) and the Canadian Society of Transplantation (CST). Explore a list of published research articles citing CORR data.