Multiple Case Mix Methodology Years Available in eDAD Reports
The information below describes the multiple case mix methodology years available in eDAD Reports.
CIHI's Case Mix Methodologies (CMG+/CACS), provide a standard to measure resource use and clinical activity in acute care settings. Each fiscal year of data collected is associated with a specific, matching, fiscal year methodology. (e.g. CMG+ and CACS 2011 is applied to the 2011 data). These methodologies are adjusted each year to reflect changes in clinical practice, changes in coding standards, changes in data submission requirements and changes in cost information. Therefore resource indicators, RIW and ELOS, for one methodology year are not comparable to RIW and ELOS from another methodology year. Similarly CMG, CACS and factor definitions are not the same from one year to the next. CIHI therefore applies each methodology year to five years of historical data, so that users can perform appropriate trending analyses. (e.g. CMG+/CACS 2011 is applied to data from 2010-2011 back to 2006-2007)
eDAD users have access to data grouped with two CMG+/CACS methodologies. For each methodology year users have access to 6 fiscal years of data as follows:
- Data for the fiscal year grouped with the methodology for that fiscal year. For example, 2011-2012 data grouped with CMG+/CACS 2011
- Five years of historical data available during the methodology year in which it was applied and also available for one additional year. For example, CMG+/CACS 2011 applied to 2010-2011, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006.
- The 6 years of data will be available the year the data is grouped and one additional year. For example, data grouped with the 2011 CMG+/CACS methodologies will be available from April 2011 to March 2013.
Note: When the eDAD reports are launched in November 2011, only the 2011 methodology year will be available. Therefore, users will have access to discharge fiscal years of data for 2011 back to 2006.
The 2012 CMG+/CACS methodology year will be available starting in June 2012 when data for discharge fiscal year 2012 grouped with the CMG+/CACS methodologies is available as follows:
- June 2012 - data for discharge fiscal year 2012 grouped with the CMG+/CACS 2012 methodologies
- July 2012 - data for 2010 back to 2007 grouped with the CMG+/CACS 2012 methodologies
- October 2012 - data for discharge fiscal year 2011 grouped with the CMG+/CACS 2012 methodologies
Therefore, by October 2012, all fiscal years of data grouped with the 2012 methodologies will be available.