Medical Radiation Technologist Database
The Medical Radiation Technologist Database (MRTDB) provides a source of quality information for registered medical radiation technologists in Canada. The MRTDB aims to provide standardized comparative data and reports on the geographic, demographic, education, certification and employment characteristics of medical radiation technologists in Canada. The Spending and Health Workforce team at the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) is pleased to present Medical Radiation Technologists in Canada, 2011.
This report provides the most recent statistics on the MRT workforce, including information on the distribution, demographics, geographic, education, certification and employment dimensions of the MRT workforce in 2011.
Medical Radiation Technologists in Canada, 2011 includes
- National data highlights and profile;
- Provincial/territorial data highlights and profiles;
- A Methodological Notes section; and
- Cross-Jurisdictional Data Tables and Jurisdictional Profiles in MS Excel.
The medical radiation technologist workforce is an integral part of the Canadian health care system and represents one of the key professional groups within the health care workforce in Canada. This information sheet provides a snapshot of key findings from the Medical Radiation Technologists in Canada, 2011 report as well as information on the Health Human Resources department at CIHI.
- MRTDB Reference Guide (PDF 739 KB) — The MRTDB Reference Guide 1.0 is based on the Medical Radiation Technologist Database Data Dictionary 1.0 and the Medical Radiation Technologist Database Data Submission Specifications Manual 1.1.This version of the reference guide outlines the data elements, the rationale for collection, definitions of the data elements and their values, and submission specifications.
- MRTDB Technical Notes (PDF 1035 KB)—The MRTDB Technical Notes outline the basic concepts behind the data provided in publications from the MRTDB, the underlying methodology of the data collection and key aspects of data quality.
- MRTDB Privacy Impact Assessment (PDF 296 KB)—CIHI is committed to conducting a privacy impact assessment (PIA) on each of its data holdings. A PIA assesses the possible privacy-related consequences of systems and practices for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
- Medical Radiation Technologist in Canada, 2010
- Medical Radiation Technologist Database, 2009 Data Release
- Medical Radiation Technologists and Their Work Environment
- Medical Radiation Technologist Database, 2008 Data Release