The Physiotherapist Database (PTDB) is a source of timely, quality information for the physiotherapist profession in Canada since 2007. The PTDB aims to provide standardized comparative data and analysis on the demographic, education, geographic and employment characteristics of physiotherapists in Canada.
The Health Human Resources team of the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) is pleased to present Physiotherapists in Canada, 2010. This report is the fourth annual CIHI publication focused solely on the physiotherapist workforce in Canada. This edition represents the continuation of a data series started in 2007 and compiled from administrative sources.
For 2010, the report includes the following:
• National and Jurisdictional Highlights and Profiles (PDF 7,699 Kb)
• Data Tables (XLS 3,896 Kb)
• Database Guide (PDF 722 Kb)
Physiotherapists in Canada, 2010 – Information Sheet
The physiotherapist workforce is an integral part of the Canadian health care system and represents one of the key professional groups within the health care workforce in Canada. This information sheet provides a snapshot of key findings from the Physiotherapists in Canada, 2010 report as well as information on the Health Human Resources Department at CIHI.
- Physiotherapist Database Data Dictionary (PDF) 300 KB—This document includes the data elements, value labels and definitions, as well as a brief rationale for the collection of the data element.
- Physiotherapist Database Data Submission Specifications (PDF) 260 KB—This document outlines the data submission specifications for the Physiotherapist Database at CIHI.
- Physiotherapist Database (PTDB) Privacy Impact Assessment (PDF) 400 KB—CIHI is committed to conducting a privacy impact assessment (PIA) on each of its data holdings. A PIA assesses the possible privacy-related consequences of systems and practices for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.