Priority Indicators for Policy-Makers
This report outlines the process taken to update two sets of priority indicators for PHC: one for policy-makers and health system managers to support population-based policy development, planning and performance reporting; and another for PHC providers to support practice-based measurement and quality improvement initiatives.
The set of priority PHC indicators below can be used to
- Support population-based policy development and planning;
- Assess the performance of the primary health care system;
- Monitor changes over time and variations across health care regions;
- Provide evidence to inform health programs, policies and funding decisions; and
- Identify levels of and gaps in health and well-being of a population or community.
To access the technical specifications for individual indicators, select the indicator label.
Indicator Label (PDF, 1 - 4 MB)