Introduction to NPDUIS Reports
The National Prescription Drug Utilization Information System (NPDUIS) is an integrated system of information designed to support the analysis and interpretation from the results of web reports. The NPDUIS web reports are divided into three groups; two of the groups (Formulary Reports and Claims Reports) utilize Microstrategy© business intelligence software, while the third (Plan Information) consists of contextual information presented in adobe (.pdf) file format. Depending on the level of authorization, a user may or may not have access to all of the web report groups.
"Analytical reporting tools" provide the user flexibility in choosing data elements on which to search and/or return in the results. The remaining "canned" reports are more limited in flexibility; however, they are designed to quickly answer general questions. Data from both reports are exportable to user-selected formats. For more information on using the reports please select Education and Documentation section of this website.
The available formulary reports are:
- Benefit Status Comparison for Selected DIN/PDINs
- Formulary Change for Selected DINs/PDINs
- Formulary Analytical Reporting Tool
The claims reports contain longitudinal descriptive and statistical comparative information regarding drug claims for plan/programs within and across F/P/T Jurisdictions. These reports also include statistics regarding the beneficiary populations by age and gender for general comparison purposes.
The available claims reports are:
- Claim Statistics by Plan/Program or Jurisdiction
- Claim Statistics by Beneficiary&eacirc;’s Age or Sex
- Claim Statistics by ATC or DIN
- Claim Statistics by Drug Company
- Top Drug Classes, in terms of Rate of Use, by Age Group and Jurisdiction
- Top Drug Classes, in terms of Program Spending, by Age Group and Jurisdiction
- Claims Analytical Report
- Claim Statistics by Jurisdiction or Plan/Program for the past 5 years
- Claim Statistics by ATC or DIN for the past 5 years
- Fastest Declining Drugs/Drug Classes, in terms of Program Spending, by Jurisdiction (Calendar Years)
- Fastest Declining Drugs/Drug Classes, in terms of Program Spending, by Jurisdiction (Fiscal Years)
- Fastest Growing Drugs/Drug Classes, in terms of Program Spending, by Jurisdiction (Calendar Years)
- Fastest Growing Drugs/Drug Classes, in terms of Program Spending, by Jurisdiction (Fiscal Years)
Plan Information Document
The plan information document provides comparative contextual information associated with the administration policies of the federal/provincial/territorial public drug benefit plans/programs.
Relevant references/links to drug benefit plan/program information across the NPDUIS are essential to supporting the interpretation, analysis and reporting of the information derived for the NPDUIS reports.
The plan information document is updated twice a year, and includes a summary of changes between versions. This document is available on both the NPDUIS client services web report site and the NPDUIS public website.