The information captured in the interRAI assessment system can be aggregated and used at different levels to help inform decisions Youtube, Opens in new window:
Clinicians need information to support their care planning decisions.
- Real-time reports on the assessed individuals’ health status, progress and risks support care decisions.
Health system managers need information for planning, quality monitoring and accountability.
- Quality indicators are used to inform quality and risk management initiatives in the organization.
- Quality indicators are measurable and allow for comparative analysis at the organizational, regional, provincial and pan-Canadian levels.
- Quality indicators are publicly reported in CIHI’s Your Health System web tool.
Policy-makers and senior decision-makers need information for system management and accountability.
- Outcome scales inform programs and services that meet the evolving needs of the organization’s population.
- Case-mix systems Youtube, Opens in new window use grouping methodologies to help funders align resources with population needs and allocate funds across regions or provider organizations.