Conduct a readiness assessment by asking yourself the following questions:
- Where is your organization now when it comes to using interRAI assessments? Identifying the stage you’re at will help you determine the scope of your implementation planning.
- New to using any kind of interRAI system
- New to using interRAI assessment instruments Youtube, opens in new window
- Currently using interRAI assessments but thinking about transitioning to the new integrated interRAI assessment system Opens in new window
- Currently using interRAI assessments and committed and ready to transition to the new integrated interRAI assessment system
- Are the interRAI assessment outputs Opens in new window being used to their fullest capacity in your organization?
- Are they being used to plan care?
- Are they being used for quality improvement purposes Youtube, opens in new window?
- Is your IT infrastructure capable of taking on the reporting requirements for the new interRAI suite? If not, what would be required?
- Do you have enough resources in place to manage the data submission and reporting processes?
It may be helpful to develop a process pathway to help you map out your steps.
You may also want to put together a project charter to help guide the transition.
Print this page to use as a checklist.