Once you have selected a vendor, use these questions to help guide the contract negotiations to ensure that the vendor solution will meet your organization’s business needs for data collection, reporting and submission to CIHI:
- What determines the software price?
- Are there different versions/upgrade options available?
- What types of services (on site and virtual) are included in the purchase?
- What is the timeline to build your software and test all of your requirements?
- What ongoing training is offered?
- Is real-time client support available?
- What standard is the vendor supporting?
- How often do program updates go out, and are clients notified when they do?
- What is the turnaround time for getting bugs fixed?
- How customizable is the system? Will it meet business needs? Are there additional costs for maintenance?
- Can other mandatory reporting requirements be integrated into the system?
- Is the software integrated or stand-alone? Is it available for online and/or offline use? Can it be used remotely with mobile devices (tablets, laptops, smart phones)?
- Does the solution have the ability to link into the organization’s information system?
- What are the contract term commitments, termination clauses, discounts and hidden fees?
Print this page to use as a checklist.