Text version of infographic
- Most health spending continues to be for hospitals, drugs and physician services. Over the last couple of years, the pace of drug spending growth has increased, and drugs are forecast to have the fastest growth of these 3 categories in 2018.
- Here’s the forecast for each category in 2018:
- Hospital spending: 28.3% of total health expenditure; $1,933 per person; 3.0% annual growth per person
- Drug spending: 15.7% of total health expenditure; $1,074 per person; 3.2% annual growth per person
- Physician spending: 15.1% of total health spending; $1,032 per person; 2.2% annual growth per person