About this report
The e-Statistics Report is based on summary statistics received from 9 organ procurement organizations (OPOs) from across Canada. Transplant, donor and waiting list data including the number of patients who died while waiting for a vital organ transplant is based on this summary information and not on patient registrations within CORR. Data is subject to change based on future data submissions and may vary from data previously published by CIHI. Please note that islet cell transplant information is included in this report. For statistics on organ transplants only, the statistics on islet cell transplants should be subtracted from the overall totals.
This report was revamped in 2005. It has been streamlined and designed to include information on deceased donors whose death was from cardiorespiratory failure. Starting with 2015 data, referrals and potential donor numbers are not included in this report, because standardized information on potential donors and referrals from all jurisdictions is not available in Canada at the present time.
Contributing organ procurement organizations
- Multi-Organ Transplant Program, Nova Scotia (which includes data from the O.P.E.N. program in Newfoundland and Labrador)
- New Brunswick Organ and Tissue Procurement Program, New Brunswick
- Québec-Transplant, Quebec
- Trillium Gift of Life Network, Ontario
- Transplant Manitoba — Gift of Life Program, Manitoba
- The Saskatchewan Transplant Program, Saskatchewan
- Southern Alberta Organ Donation Program, Alberta
- Hope Program — Edmonton, Alberta
- BC Transplant Society, British Columbia