Resource Utilization Groups III (RUG-III)
The flowcharts and SAS code outline the RUG-III grouping methodology applied to assessment data submitted to the CCRS. The RUG-III methodology, using the MDS 2.0© assessment data and Case Mix Index (CMI) values, assigns each continuing care assessments to one of 44 resource utilization groups.
Each of the 44 RUG-III groups belong to one of seven categories:
- Rehabilitation category (14 RUG-III groups)
- Extensive Care (3 RUG-III groups)
- Special Care (3 RUG-III groups)
- Clinically Complex Care (6 RUG-III groups)
- Impaired Cognition (4 RUG-III groups)
- Behaviour Problems (4 RUG-III groups)
- Reduced Physical Function (10 RUG-III groups)
The RUG-III grouping methodology may be used to support facility, regional or provincial/territorial service planning and analysis of resource utilization in continuing care.
Before downloading read this document about requirements for downloading files.