1. What is a CIHI Client Services profile?
A CIHI Client Services profile contains your contact and organization information, including your name, organization, address, telephone number and security questions. CIHI Client Services gives registered CIHI clients access to a variety of online services through a single sign-in. These services include
- Learning Centre
- Other restricted services — Your Health System: Insight, eReports, Coders’ Resource Page, DAD/NACRS Abstracting Manual, electronic Data Submission Services (eDSS), data submission reports
Anyone can register for a profile, but the services available to you will depend on the organization you are affiliated with. Some services, such as the eQuery tool, Learning Centre and eStore, are available to all users, while others that contain restricted-access reports, such as eReports, can be seen by authorized individuals only. By establishing a profile, you can request access to CIHI’s restricted products and services. Whether you will be granted access will be based on your organization’s authorization (e.g., whether CIHI’s Secure Electronic eReporting Service Agreement is in place for your organization).
2. How does CIHI ensure the security of my CIHI profile?
CIHI has invested in the very best security measures to ensure that your data is protected. Your CIHI username and password uniquely identify you to our system. It is important that you do not share your username and password with anyone else.
3. How do I create a CIHI profile?
Once you have created your profile, you will receive an email from CIHI; it will contain a URL that you must click within 2 hours to activate your profile. If you do not activate your profile within 2 hours, it will be deleted and you will have to create a new one.
4. When I’m creating my CIHI profile, my organization does not appear in the organization drop-down list. What do I do?
If your organization is not on the list, please contact Central Client Services by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 613-241-5543.
If you are not affiliated with an organization, please refer to the Guide to Accessing CIHI Services for information on how to create a CIHI profile for individuals.
5. When I’m creating my CIHI profile, why do I receive an error message saying that my email address is not unique?
If you receive an error message indicating that your email address is not unique, this means that there is already a CIHI profile with the same email address. This may be because
- You have an existing CIHI profile that is using that email account. If this is the case, you may retrieve your username and password from the login screen.
- You are creating your CIHI profile with a shared email address that has already been used to create a CIHI profile.
6. After I created my CIHI profile, I did not click the link in the activation email within 2 hours. Do I have to create my CIHI profile again?
Yes, you will need to create a new CIHI profile, as any profile that is not activated within 2 hours is deleted. When creating your new profile, you may use the same username and password that you initially selected.
7. How do I access CIHI's eStore?
Many products in eStore are available on CIHI’s website. To access eStore to purchase products that are not publicly available, you will need a CIHI profile. If you don’t have a profile, please create one by following the instructions in the Guide to Accessing CIHI Services.
Once you have created a CIHI profile, you can log in and access eStore by clicking the eStore link on your My Services page. Please note that if your organization is a member of the Core Plan, you will need to follow up with your account manager to authenticate your CIHI profile so you can order products as a Core Plan organization; otherwise, you will be charged upon checkout.
8. How do I access the CIHI Learning Centre?
To access the CIHI Learning Centre, you will need a CIHI profile. If you don’t have a profile, please create one by following the instructions in the Guide to Accessing CIHI Services.
Once you have created a CIHI profile, you can log in and access the Learning Centre by clicking the Learning Centre link on your My Services page. Please note that if your organization is a member of the Core Plan, you will need to follow up with your account manager to authenticate your CIHI profile so you can register for education sessions as a Core Plan organization; otherwise, you will be charged when enrolling.
9. I forgot my username. How do I retrieve it so that I can log in?
To retrieve your username, please go to www.cihi.ca, select Applications, select Login now and then click Forgot username. You will be asked to provide the email address that you used when you created the account. You will then receive an email at that address with your username.
10. I forgot my password. How do I reset it so that I can log in?
To retrieve your password, please go to www.cihi.ca, select Applications, select Login now and then click Forgot password. You will be asked to provide your username and to answer a security question. Please be sure that your answer to this question exactly matches the answer you provided when you first created your profile. Once you have successfully provided the answer, a temporary password will be sent to the email address listed in your profile. Use this temporary password to log in and reset your profile password.
11. I forgot my password and my security questions. How can I reset my password?
If you are unable to answer the security question, please contact Central Client Services by email at email@example.com or by phone at 613-241-5543 to have a temporary password sent to you.
12. How can I edit my profile?
To edit your CIHI profile, log in to Client Services and click Edit Profile in the left navigation menu. This will take you to a form listing the current information in your profile. Simply make your desired changes and click OK to save them.
If you update your email address, you will receive an email to confirm this change. To confirm the change, click the link in that email.
Note that once you have confirmed the change to your email address, your profile will be deactivated for security reasons. Your profile will also be deactivated if you change your organization affiliation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-241-5543 to have your profile enabled.
13. How do I request access to new services?
To gain access to CIHI’s restricted products and services, you will need to have a CIHI profile. To request access to services once you have a profile, please log in to your profile, select Request Access: New/Revoke from the left navigation menu and enter the required information. Once you submit the form, CIHI will process your request. For step-by-step instructions on creating a profile or requesting access to CIHI’s services, refer to the Guide to Accessing CIHI Services.
14. Can I change my username?
Once you have created your CIHI profile, it is not possible to change your username.
15. Why do I see a price for a product or service when I am a member of the Core Plan?
When you create a CIHI profile, you are automatically granted access to the Learning Centre and eStore. If your organization is a member of the Core Plan, you will need to follow up with your account manager to authenticate your CIHI profile so you can register for products and services as a Core Plan organization; otherwise, you will be charged upon checkout or when enrolling.
If you are a non–Core Plan client, your price will be based on your organization type (i.e., Price A or Price B).
16. My place of employment has changed. Do I need to do anything?
If your place of employment has changed, please send an email to email@example.com so that we can remove your access to any services that you no longer require. If you want to keep your CIHI profile, you will need to log in and update it with your new contact and organization information.
17. I’ve changed roles and no longer need access to CIHI's services. What do I need to do?
If your role has changed and you no longer require access, please notify Central Client Services at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can remove access to restricted services and delete your profile.
18. When I tried to log into my CIHI profile, I saw an error message indicating that my profile is disabled or locked. What should I do?
To enable or unlock your CIHI profile, please contact Central Client Services by email at email@example.com or by phone at 613-241-5543.
Please note that if your CIHI profile is locked, it will be automatically unlocked in the next day.
19. What is an account manager?
Core Plan organizations can set up account managers who then authenticate employees from their organizations to order manuals, standards and publications through eStore and register for most education sessions through the Learning Centre at no cost.
An account manager has online access to manage the following:
- Authenticate that users are employed at their organization and can therefore order manuals, standards and publications or register for most education sessions at no cost
- Designate other users at their organization as account managers
- Remove access from other account managers at their organization who no longer need this access
20. How do I become an account manager?
To become an account manager, please have one of the authorized requestors at your organization submit an online web request.
If your organization currently has an account manager, he or she can log in to the Education and Product Access Management service and designate additional account managers for the organization.
21. How do I find out who my account manager is?
To find out if your organization has an existing account manager, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-241-5543.
22. Can my organization have more than 1 account manager?
Yes, an organization can have more than 1 account manager. To become an account manager, please have one of the authorized requestors at your organization submit an online web request. If your organization currently has an account manager, he or she can log in to the Education and Product Access Management service and designate additional account managers for the organization.
23. How do I determine whether my organization is a member of the Core Plan?
CIHI’s Core Plan subscription is available to Canadian health care facilities and regional health authorities (or similar organizations, such as local health integration networks) through a bilateral agreement between CIHI and their ministry of health. The subscription offers entitlements to an extensive range of products and services (as set out in CIHI’s Products and Services Guide) at no additional cost, up to certain maximums. To find out if your organization has a Core Plan subscription, please email email@example.com or call 613-241-5543.
24. I’m an account manager; where do I find Manage Contacts?
Once you create your CIHI profile, you will have access to the Education and Product Access Management service on your My Services page. Once you click the link for this service, you will be able to manage contacts and complete all of your functions as an account manager.
25. I’m an account manager; why can I no longer add a new contact for my organization?
All users have to create their own CIHI profile and manage their own contact information. Account managers are no longer able to add new staff contact records and update their information.
26. Should I use the same login credentials for my CIHI profile that I use for the Learning Centre and/or eStore?
You will need to use the same username and password for your CIHI profile, the Learning Centre and/or eStore.
27. Who can I contact when I am having issues?
CIHI’s Central Client Services team provides support to users of CIHI’s website Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays) from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET. If you are experiencing issues or need assistance accessing applications and services, please contact us:
- Phone: 613-241-5543
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org