The Mental Health and Addictions program area at the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) is pleased to announce that Hospital Mental Health Database (HMHDB) data and indicator results for 2016–2017 are now available.
The HMHDB is a pan-Canadian database that includes administrative, diagnosis and demographic data for
- General hospital discharges with a primary diagnosis of mental illness or addiction; and
- Psychiatric hospital discharges.
Indicator results at the health region, provincial/territorial and pan-Canadian levels can be accessed using the Quick Stats application on CIHI’s website. The following tables are available:
- HMHDB Hospital mental health services in Canada (interactive)
- HMHDB Regional hospital mental health services indicators (interactive)
- HMHDB Regional contextual information (interactive)
- HMHDB Hospital mental health services in Canada: Supplementary tables (pre-formatted)
Aggregate and record-level HMHDB data may also be accessed through CIHI’s data request process.