The CIHI Reference Data Model (CRDM) is a data architecture standard. The CRDM helps CIHI achieve common terminology and meaning, as well as data integration, throughout its national data holdings.
CIHI Reference Data Model
The CRDM identifies
- Concepts (categories of data) that are of interest to CIHI; concepts can be a person, thing, place or event
- Relationships between the concepts
- Core attributes — key information about each concept
There is also metadata associated with the CRDM that includes
- Concept definitions
- Core attribute definitions
- Value domains or a list of permissible values for the core attributes
- Concept relationship descriptions
Explore the CRDM Toolkit (PDF).
Feedback and questions
For questions and/or feedback, please contact us at email@example.com.