Understanding a patient’s experience when they received health care is integral to improving patient-centred care. Capturing and reporting this information is an important part of CIHI’s overall health system performance measurement efforts. Explore the resources on this page to learn about CIHI’s work in patient experience.
What do patients say about communication with and between hospital staff? This report offers a first look at results from 5 participating provinces on how people feel about the information they received during their hospital stay and its impact.
- Canadian Patient Experiences Survey — Inpatient Care: Patient-Reported Experience Measures (PDF)
- Patient-Centred Measurement and Reporting in Canada: Launching the Discussion Toward a Future State (PDF)
- Patient-Centred Measurement Resource Toolkit: Translating Patient-Centred Measurement Into Action (PDF)
- Patient-Reported Experience Measures: Long-Term Care (PDF)
- Patient-reported outcome measures