How is your organization doing when it comes to implementing the interRAI assessment system? As you move through your implementation plan, it’s important to involve front-line clinicians in all interRAI processes, whether at the point of care or through a feedback loop.
Here are some suggested strategies:
- Hold a series of lunch and learns where you provide part of a report (such as the outcome scale) and at the same time review the items and coding for that particular scale.
- Post reports at the program level.
- Ask staff what they want to know about interRAI assessments.
- When discharging clients, provide a report and pass along key information from the interRAI assessment system (CAPs, for example) to the caregivers/organizations they’re being referred to.
- Engage with families and the community by communicating how interRAI assessments are used to evaluate and adjust care plans.
- Ask your staff for suggestions on how you might measure things like record completion, timeliness of assessments, error rates on submission and submission volume.