Featured products for health system performance
Canada’s International Health System Performance Over 50 Years: Examining Potential Years of Life Lost
This report and accompanying web tool compare Canada’s international performance in premature mortality — measured by potential years of life lost (PYLL) — with the performance of 17 other high-income countries in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) from 1960 to 2010.
- Report : Canada’s International Health System Performance Over 50 years: Examining Potential Years of Life Lost
- Web tool : Potential Years of Life Lost (PYLL): International Comparisons
Reports and web tools
- Access to Palliative Care in Canada
- Wait Times for Priority Procedures in Canada, 2016
- Commonwealth Fund 2017 International Health Policy Survey of Older Adults
- Commonwealth Fund 2016 International Health Policy Survey of Adults
- Your Health System
- OECD Interactive Tool
Health system performance and quality-of-care information
Access and wait times
How CIHI helps address information gaps when it comes to wait times and access to care.
Quality of care and outcomes
How well health services are provided to patients, and health care outcomes.
Integration and continuity of care
How different components of the health care system work, and how continuity of care helps patients transition between them.
How CIHI is working to develop indicators that measure the health of Canadians and health system performance in Canada.
Shared Health Priorities
How CIHI is working to develop a focused set of common indicators to measure pan-Canadian progress toward improving access to mental health and addictions services, and to home and community care.