The HMHDB is a pan-Canadian database that includes administrative, diagnosis and demographic data for
- General hospital discharges with a primary diagnosis of mental illness or addiction; and
- Psychiatric hospital discharges.
Indicator results at the health region, provincial/territorial and pan-Canadian levels can be accessed using the Quick Stats application on CIHI’s website.
To access the HMHDB interactive and pre-formatted tables,
- Visit CIHI’s Quick Stats page.
- In the Search by field, enter “HMHDB.”
- Click Search.
- Select a table of interest.
Aggregate and record-level HMHDB data may also be accessed through CIHI’s data request process.