This bulletin outlines key dates for the Discharge Abstract Database (DAD) and the National Ambulatory Care Reporting System (NACRS):
- 2019–2020 submission deadlines
- 2020–2021 vendor testing requirements
- 2020–2021 facility testing requirements
- 2020–2021 Outstanding Hard Error and Rejected Records reports release schedule
DAD and NACRS submission deadlines for 2019–2020
Target deadline: May 31, 2020
Final deadline: June 30, 2020*
*Not applicable to Ontario
Having more timely and relevant data continues to be a strategic priority for CIHI as well as its stakeholders. While May 31 remains an important target to achieve, CIHI also wants to ensure that the completeness and quality of the data we receive remains a top priority. As such, the DAD and NACRS submission deadlines for the current fiscal year (2019–2020) are as follows:
- Target submission deadline for DAD/NACRS: May 31, 2020
- Final submission deadline for DAD/NACRS: June 30, 2020*
*The final submission deadline for DAD/NACRS in Ontario remains May 31, 2020.
DAD and NACRS 2020–2021 vendor testing requirements
- Your facility’s test data will not be accepted until your vendor has successfully completed testing.
- Vendor testing results are available on CIHI’s website.
DAD and NACRS 2020–2021 facility testing requirements
Only facilities that have changed vendors, have undergone major system changes or are newly reporting to the DAD and/or NACRS in 2020–2021 are required to complete facility testing. Those facilities must inform the CAD team (email@example.com) prior to submitting any test files. For more information, please refer to the 2020–2021 DAD and NACRS Submission Manual (available in CIHI’s eStore) and the facility testing job aid, both accessible through the DAD/NACRS Abstracting Manual application on CIHI’s website.
Note: The testing process for facilities in Manitoba and Alberta is coordinated through the provincial department/ministry of health.
Existing DAD and NACRS submitting facilities that do not fall into any of the categories above are not required to complete facility testing in 2020–2021. Once your vendor has successfully completed vendor testing, you may proceed with submitting the DAD IF and/or NACRS FIF, followed by facility data, to the Live environment after April 1, 2020.